Saturday, January 3, 2015

Better Mommy-ing

"Do more with Bennett"


I'll admit that sometimes I'm guilty to just getting though the days by keeping Bennett, my year old son, busy and quiet. He's a bit of a handful and always has been. I'm trying to remind myself that he's only going to be this age once and his little mind is absorbing everything. I need to spend more time with him, playing, reading and helping him grow and learn. Other things can wait, other things are less important. This is the time where it's important for him to learn, explore and right now he needs me to help him do that. There's some many things I can do with him to help him. I want to start setting time aside everyday to do things with him that help his development. He deserves more from me, he's here to learn and grow and not just get through each day.

That's something else I want to be better at. I need to learn to appreciate each day. Not just get through the day to get to the weekends or to whatever but appreciate each day and all the little things in it.

I am feeling so positive about the future and about the choices I am making.

No comments:

Post a Comment